Monday, September 26, 2011

Putting Together The Kitchen

The space designated as the kitchen is now becoming one. Here are a couple of views. The cherry wood starts out very light but will get much darker with a red tint over the next 6 - 12 months. Our stove and microwave will fill in the gaps on this side:



The sink will be in front of the window on this side:


Most of the interior trim work is completed as you see in the window and door frame above. The wood stove has arrived. It looks like a piece of art. No pictures of it yet, I'm waiting until it is fully "dressed up" before I share it with you. We feel like the end may be in sight. Lots of details to go but our builder is keeping on top of them all.

Sandy and I took a hike at Twin Lakes on Saturday. The aspen are putting on quite a show. Twin Lakes is on the highway to Independence Pass and Aspen. There are some mountainsides there that rival any aspen display in the state I think. Here is a small sample.


That's it for now. We are starting to get anxious for the final push.

Enjoy fall !
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment